Monday, June 9, 2008

Lisbon Treaty 2008

I’ve been saying this for a good while now so I’m going to commit myself in writing at this stage.

In terms of the Lisbon treaty I’m going to vote yes.

I believe the Yes side has handled the whole thing badly and considering the resources that are available to them I am very annoyed at this. I want to vote No, but I do not want to send a negative message to the people in the rest of Europe, cos that’s the way it’s being presented, (I don’t know if the people of Europe want me to vote yes, so I’m sticking with the positive message), however I believe its going to be defeated, because the main Yes side has not presented their case very well.

Here’s my prediction, If there is a low turnout, between 40 and fifty percent, then it’s a minority Yes win. If there is a high turnout 60 percent or more, then it will be a resounding No.

No comments: